YI TEXT REFERENCES:
Changing Lines Fourth:
The Minister’s line of work in progress: A moving Yang line in the fourth place is about taking the lead when you should be following. Trigram Thunder wants to move forward too fast with overwhelming power which only encounters resistance, achieving the opposite of what is desired. Keep the big picture in mind and do not work from self-interest. (Harmen)
“Someone jumping in the abyss. No inauspicious omens.” Who is jumping? Is it man or dragon or both? The ideogram yue shows a foot, a bird, and feathers. This is a shamanistic picture of leaping about and dancing, a ritual to promote creativity. The abyss ideogram, yuan, is fashioned from the symbols for water and vortex, the whirlpool of constant, overwhelming phenomena. The recipient of this line must jump free of the whirlpool of everyday life. (Jing Nuan Wu Yijing)
If you don’t know what course of action to take, you will lose the opportunity. (Jou Tsung Wa Tao of I Ching)
Wavering flight over the depths. No blame. (Wilhelm)
Notes: Xu Shen’s dictionary defines long, “dragon,” as the archetype of all animals that swim or crawl. It is able to be visible or invisible, tiny or huge, short or long. In springtime it can ascend to the heavens; in autumn it lies hidden in the watery abyss. The ideogram follows the pictograph for flesh and a flying form.
- Below: Heaven: assertive, powerful, dragons, creation forces
- Above:* Heaven*: war, authoritarian leadership, destruction, fanaticism, extremes
- Above Derived: Wind: gentle, all-pervasive, gradual, spreading
Note about Coincidences
- An earthquake happening on the Lunar New Year Day is significant coincidence.
- This earthquake event objectively calculated produced the Earthquake Hexagram.
- The New Year throw produced #1, very powerful. Heaven trigram can indicate war.
- During the throw six vultures, then after the throw seven vultures perched on a tree observing the author.